BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunday Thoughts

I have so much to be thankful for yet I still occasionally feel overwhelmed by sadness when I realize how much money controls our life. It's so easy to become consumed by what you want that you tend to forget what you actually need to live a happy life. I've let my contentment be driven by what I want instead of what is practical. Not long ago, I bought a white 2009 Convertible Mustang GT. I've always been passionate about Mustangs, and I suppose that's why I've already owned four of them. However, I feel guilty when I think about all the things the money for my car payment could do. I keep encouraging myself with the fact that if I can hold on to this beautiful car for a few years, then it will be paid off and every sacrifice along the way will be worthwhile.

Ben and I have been spending more time enjoying the simple pleasures in life like relaxing at home watching movies or spending time with friends at each other's houses. We are very social beings, so it's been wonderful to be able to save money and still have fun with our friends. Money can buy certain things that make you happy yet it cannot buy true happiness that comes from love, friendship, and family.

The last 9 years that I've been with Ben have been remarkable. When we got engaged, most people doubted our love yet we've shown the world that you can get married young and still love each other more every day that you're together. Like I've said before, being best friends makes all the difference in the world. You must support each other as life brings upon change and difficulty. You must be each other's strength when the weakness is unbearable. Most importantly, you must change together. The only constant in life is change so you can't get too set in your ways.

"Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly, and forgive quickly."

Well, I've been dreading this day all week because I have to study and prepare for my Cost Accounting exam tomorrow. It's not a strength of mine so I actually have to try to understand the material. I hate Accounting just like I hate Algebra because it's full of useless word problems and step by step processes. Why do I have to learn paper based principles when the business world is now computerized? I'm so thankful that I'll be graduating in May... Only 2 months left!

Enjoy the day!

Live, Laugh, Love <3

Alicia

0 comments: